
Good Morning and Happy July - :)
It's oh-so early, and I've had no caffeine (although I just heard my partner running the grinder in the kitchen...mmmm...), so this will be an effort in being coherent and not too stream-of conscious.
I'm headed out to San Diego today for some relaxation and cooler weather. My partner is presenting at a conference there on Wednesday and Thursday, and we're staying over for the holiday (fireworks over the water - fantastic).
So that's the Jet Plane title.
Our Virgen is inspired from the lovely evening we had last night with two friends. They enjoy wine and the label behind the Virgen is from the bottle they brought to share last night. It was delicious. I just tried to Google my way to finding the full title of the winery, but it doesn't seem to be working. It's Columbia C...possibly "Cascade" Grand E...possibly "Experience" Merlot from the Columbia Valley in Washington. That should narrow it for you - just look for the lovely metallic burgundy color that seems to be part of their logo.
My partner will have her laptop, so I believe I will continue to blog with you while I'm gone - fantastic.
As for the Call for Virgens, a friend suggested I be open to getting the image from places other than the candles. I had to check the artistic integrity of the project to see if doing so would negatively impact the essence of this project and I've decided that it won't. It's not the Virgen Candle a Day project - it's the Virgen a Day project and it might be increasingly delightful to add where I found the Virgen depicted as part of the tile explanation.
I'd still like to find people who are willing to burn the candles and send the empty shells my way so I can get the Virgen off of them because 330ish Virgens is a lot and I'll need all the ways and means of getting Virgens that I can. Thanks in advance to any willing to participate in Virgen candle burning with me. They're such beautiful and peaceful candles, you shouldn't find it wholly objectionable to have them burning in your home.
Okay - time to tend cats and get going. Here's magic to all. You can look forward to June's calendar composite shot of Virgens upon my return.
Fantastic.

1 comment:
Have a great trip!
Post a Comment