
Good Evening -
It's at the end of a long day, Pearl Bailey is singing on the CD player about getting a five pound box of money from Santa, and my partner is whipping up some chocolate chip cookies, so it's all I can do not to go curl up on the couch and wait for gooey chocolately warm goodness to come out of the oven - blog be damned!
But, no - I have a Virgen here that needs language. I have a tile that needs some written expression. Let's to it, then.
The snow that started Friday night during the turning on of the city holiday lights stayed on and off all weekend, culminating in a good bit of snow falling for most of yesterday. We went to get our tree in the early afternoon yesterday and got covered in big, fat flakes as we waited for the guy to tie the tree to the roof of the car.
Have I used up my share of the word "magical" yet? What about "wow" - am I out of "wow's"? If not, I'd like to spend one "magical" and two "wow's" to describe the experience of shopping for a live Christmas tree with my honey as snow falls.
I know I want to talk about how much I've missed snow and how beautiful it is and how I can't wait for enough to stick that I can make a snow angel, but right now I want to sit quietly on the couch with my feet curled under me and wait for cookies.
Happily, I have a sense that there will be more snow before the season is out, so I will have opportunities aplenty to discuss the joys and pleasures of this particular form of frozen water.
Until then, here's to a five - no, make it a ten - pound box of money, time to quietly stare into nothing on the couch, and sweet chocolate cookies made with love.

No comments:
Post a Comment