
Good Morning -
So, as is often the case after one works through some pain and sadness, I found myself feeling tired but happy last night - a little silly, really. We went to a new place and used a gift certificate we had for some cheesesteaks and onion rings. They were delicious (my partner is from the Land of Cheesesteaks and it is her unending quest to find one as good as home west of the Mississippi - http://www.bestcheesesteaks.com/ordering.htm).
I knew it was going to be a decent hoagie (I had to just run and check with my partner about which term for meat on a roll her people use - hoagie, sub, grinder, etc., etc.) when we were offered the choice of "whiz" (cheese whiz) for our cheese. If ever presented with this choice when ordering a cheesesteak, immediately drop all you know about what sort of chemical it must take to make electric orange cheese goo and pick it as your cheese of choice. You won't regret it.
The rest of the evening was quiet enough. I worked on some on the potential I've referenced before, all the while feeling light and a little silly. My partner plays good deadpan to my silly when I'm in these moods, which often makes me giggle that much harder.
So, naturally, when I finally moved myself out of the office so my partner could work on her own potential and I could make my Virgen, I found myself drawn to my pink and purple feathers. Where I got or why I have pink and purple dyed chicken feathers I cannot begin to tell you, but am so glad that I've never thrown them out in a fit of organizing. The silver background and thread come from another of those organza-type, hotel, free-bath-product bags and offer a nice elegant note to balance my more exuberant chicken feathers.
It's the gift - isn't it? - that light follows dark, up follows down, silly follows sad.
May all your tears be followed by cheese whiz and chicken feathers.

No comments:
Post a Comment