Friday, June 20, 2008

Good Enough

Good Morning -

There's no great theme this morning, nothing global or local or exceptionally profound. It's been hot (not news), I've been tired (also not late and breaking info), and there's just not much to say today.

The Virgen is composed of different surprise elements my fantastic partner brought me at work yesterday just 'cause. A card about Spring and growth and newness is the background and the red ribbon on the border is off of the bouquet of daisies that now sit on my desk at work. To cover the tile where the card didn't reach is some cosmos imagery from a brochure I had for the local giant telescope and the leaves at the top and bottom are along the lines of growth.

Simple enough and fairly representative of my day yesterday. After work, the only thing I did besides listen to my partner read passages from the book she's reading right now was take the below picture of all of my May Virgens set up like a calendar (I started this project on Thursday, May 22nd, so the tiles start on the Thursday place of a calendar). It's okay and the best I could do to get them all to fit in the frame, but mostly it gives me anticipation about how June will look as a full month and how the smaller tiles will fit better into the frame.



Sometimes that's what we've got - anticipation. It's not Buddhist or zen or in-the-now, but it works. A little anticipation of good things down the road, good love from a great partner right now - yes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 days 2 months 2 Anna Day! which is 2+2+2+2 / 22 :D

Anna said...

Well, we should start planning now, then, hmm? :)