Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Heating My Home


Good Morning -

There's no time to talk this morning, so we're going to be quick. As you can see from the Virgen, today is about wood burning stoves.

For my ideal home environment, I need a wood burning stove or two. I like a good fireplace, but love more how the flames in the wood burner are enclosed (but still visible, if you get a see-through door) and how you can cook on the top of it.

I love the idea of having one in the basement of my home and one in the kitchen and maybe even on in the living room that are vented in such a way that they heat the whole house.

I (clearly) need to have this home exist in a place where it makes sense to light a fire during part of the year.

In return (what I'll give), I will learn more about clean burning and find the best way for my stoves to heat my home, provide a cooking surface, and not destroy the environment.

In the other direction, I don't need central A/C. I need to live in a place where when it's "hot", opening the windows and plugging in a fan does the trick to cool it off. I need to live in a place where the night-time air is cool enough that the heat goes away.

Here's to that. Here's to four moderate seasons. Here's to wood burning stoves and here's to cooling with night air.

No comments: