Friday, October 31, 2008

Home with Snow



Good Morning -

As you can see from the Virgen, I need a home where there is snow during a part of the year.

I love snow. I love the quiet it creates. I love the sense of newness that falls over the landscape with a fresh blanket of snow. I love the crunch of new snow under my boots. I love snow.

I know that some of you may be thinking, "Yeah, but wait until you get a really big snow that shuts everything down."

To that I say that I can barely wait for such an event. I love when the weather steps up and gives us pause from our daily busy-busy. I love when a big snow happens and there's no going anywhere and there's nothing to do but stay at home, warm and dry and in love with falling snow.

I know that doesn't create a good reality for everyone. I know lots of people have jobs in which they have to go out in the snow and that if there ever was a snow that really shut everything down such that no-one would be going anywhere, it would be like that weather apocalypse movie from a few years ago where the ice age came to NYC.

Let's go back to the basics, though. Let's just suffice to say that I'm looking forward to the first snow that falls. I can't decide if I want it to happen at work because I could watch it fall from my 6th floor office windows and then walk home in it or if I want it to happen when I'm already curled up and cuddly at home where I can just camp on the couch with some cocoa and watch the flakes fall.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it. All you Negative Nancies are welcome to check back in after a few snow storms have moved through and check to see if I'm still in love with the white stuff. I believe I will be.

Here's to that. Here's to snow. Here's to loving snow, and here's to that first flake falling.

No comments: