Good Morning -
I've flipped past this ad for wine a few times without deciding to use it for the Virgen.
The sentiment draws me in, but I was uncertain of its veracity for me and felt like it would take a lot of writing to flesh out - which is not something I've had time for lately.
The ad was for wine and set up to draw you in - simple, single colored background, a short quote, and a crisp photo of the bottle. That's it.
I don't know how well it worked, though, because I couldn't tell you for a glass of wine what the brand of wine was.
Back to Picasso, though.
I've been drawn to the idea because I like the intention of finding rather than seeking. I like the idea of being so open to life that one just moves through it continually delighted by what one comes upon.
I like the idea, but it's not true for me right now.
I love my new job. I love that I'm in Denver. I love being here with my partner. I love all of this and I sought each piece.
Sure there was serendipity in each experience that supported or moved me through to the next place, but there was also plenty of proactive seeking.
Perhaps artists have the freedom to wander and find and make big, bold statements as such - statements that may or may not play out in day to day life. Perhaps that is one of the crucial roles artists play for us - presenting uncomplicated and potentially unrealistic views of the world that we can admire, be inspired by, and reproduce en masse in a manner that better suits our work-a-day world.
Perhaps I'm just cynical this morning.
Either way, it's time to get dressed.
Here's to seeking and finding that for which you sought and finding something you couldn't even imagine but are wholly delighted by. Here's to art and artists and the important roles they play. Here's to finding inspiration where you may.

No comments:
Post a Comment