Good Morning -
I have been known to take the phrase "within walking distance" to unfortunate conclusions.
For instance, once when visiting my sister in Chicago, I decided to take the train from her place to Wrigley Field so I could get a picture for a friend. It was a beautiful spring day and when I got there, I noticed that Wrigley is on the same street my sister lived off of - Clark. The train ride hadn't been that long, so I figured it couldn't be that far of a walk and it was such a beautiful day, so I set out on foot.
3.7 miles and a couple of hours later, I arrived back at my sister's place.
Last week, when our magic-making Phoenix friend was here to help us move, we took Tuesday off to celebrate her birthday. It was a beautiful fall day and we were all excited not to be touching anything cardboard for the day, so decided to walk around a bit.
6.3 miles and a few hours later and we were all quite happy to be back in the house, cardboard boxes or not.
These and other examples from my past make raised eyebrows an understandable response when I say something is in walking distance.
That said, my job really is in walking distance to where we live. Google maps has it as 1.6 miles, which is way walkable.
It's so much in walking distance that the section of map covering both our house and where I work fit on a Virgen tile. That's totally walkable.
And so I did. And so I will.
Fantastic.
Here's to walking. Here's to things being in walking distance and here's to weather that supports such an activity.

No comments:
Post a Comment