Saturday, August 9, 2008

Manifesting Facts

Good Morning -

The place where I work is having a day-long staff retreat on Wednesday. Depending on one's relations with both one's employer and one's co-workers and one's participation in the planning of the retreat, these can be 8-hours of creative team-building or the longest day of one's life.

I'm somewhere in the middle, so have mixed feelings about this event. It's way out in the foothills, which I think is a bad choice considering the price of fuel, but I'm told there are no awkward bubble-of-personal-space bursting activities, which is good because I don't have that kind of relationship with my current batch of co-workers (I was told that in the past this group was forced to participate in activities such as standing in a circle and taking turns laughing spontaneously and something in which they all laid on the ground and rolled over each other (I have to think that last one constitutes violations on a variety of levels)).

The one thing we've been asked to do so far is to submit a fact about ourselves to the director's assistant. I'm guessing that we'll take turns reading these and guessing who they belong to as a get-to-know-each-other-better icebreaker. That's fine.

I thought long and hard about what fact I wanted to submit - some quirky fact from my youth (held the lead in multiple plays in high school, called Twinkle Toes by maternal grandma because of my tendency to walk on my toes), a random job I've had (census taker in San Antonio, free-lance reporter in Boulder), my favorite food (impossible to narrow), or an interesting injury (sliced open arm banging on a window while messing around with my sister, broke leg roller blading between one job and another in Denver) - but eventually decided on something more future oriented.

The fact I submitted was that I "dream of having a few chickens, a couple of goats, some bees and a garden in a place that is green, mild, and 4-seasoned."

They say that there can be truths hidden in the unsaid (well, okay, I don't know if "they" or anyone else says that, but it is true and someone should take it up as a common folk-wisdom expression) and that is certainly the case here.

What was unsaid in my fact was that I'm actively working to manifest that lifestyle and that chances are good that I'll be a lot closer to it come this fall.

Yes, yes, please, and thank you.

I can see this life so clearly - an older home on a bit of land, a garden and some fruit trees that produce enough to eat fresh from and preserve from, a few chickens to make fresh eggs, some bees to help with the garden and fruit trees and provide honey and wax, and some goats to clear scrub and provide some milk for cheese. The location is out of town, but no so removed that it's a day's trip to get groceries or experience urban culture when needed. The weather is four-seasoned (those being spring, summer, fall, and winter), with none of the seasons being in extremes and the air being more dry than humid.

From this home I travel around the world from time to time, facilitating workshops and presentations on something and based on the books I write from this home about whatever that something is.

In this home with me is my partner, our cats, and, possibly, smaller humans (possibly achieved through the myriad creative ways two women can become parents).

I can see it so clearly. More than that, I can feel it so clearly. Not all of the details are worked out (i.e. the "something" I'm doing that supports this lifestyle), but I'm not worried about that. I can feel the pieces coming more and more together and that feels good.

The friend I've mentioned before who does readings using her psychicness and animal message cards told me once years ago that if I could see where I'll be when I'm 40, I wouldn't believe it (which is why she didn't tell me - the future can be scary and confusing, and is best left to manifest in its own time).

In a couple of weeks, I'll be 5 years to 40. While I don't know what my friend saw, I feel like it is this because my own higher eye sees it. That, and I want this so badly I could spit. I take a flexible approach to fate and destiny, which allows room for one's own free will to shape and create the visions we want.

So, that's the Virgen - some goats from a wonderful card my partner picked up for me at Powell's in Portland (the best bookstore ever, with Tattered Cover as a close second (I worked at TC so know first-hand how fantastic it is, but do love how Powell's puts their new and used books together on the shelf)) and harvest images from the printer test our IT guy ran on my printer at work today.

Here's to that. Here's to collaborating with our highest selves to create, shape, and manifest our best and most interesting dreams.

Final cake update: It's gone. I came home yesterday and all that was left was the foil and the stupid plastic cake case (which I threw out because I hate it and at my partner's request, based on her concern that it had developed avian flu after being outside with the pigeons for 3 days). They even ate the blueberries (a best for last kind of thing?).

This (which I am going to hose off this afternoon. I promise.), like Max, is also like a Rorschach blot. What do you see when you look at the cake stain?
I see an older home with a bit of land, a garden and some fruit trees...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and a wrap-around porch with rocking chairs...
xoxoxoxo