Good Morning -I didn't realize until this morning when I was downloading the pictures I had just snapped of the Virgen that there is water on the magazine image I used for last night's Virgen.
You're looking at it now and thinking, "Huh. How'd she miss that?"
I've spent a lot of time lately with my chin resting in my hand, thinking, thinking, thinking. Unlike Rodin's Thinker, though, who doesn't have the disadvantage of skin and pores, all this reflection during the High Hot Humid Period of Tucson's summer has left me with the chin of a 14-yr old pubescent youth (that and I had my period, which seems to be a monthly invitation for my body to remember its earlier days through zits and fits of unfiltered emotional intensity.).
To address my youthful chin, I decided last night to spend a few minutes with the Queen - Queen Helene, that is. I had gotten my partner a tube of her Mint Julep mask for Christmas and we both fell in love with the smell and how it made our skin feel. With my chin pores finding new and creative ways to get clogged lately, it was just what I needed last night.
I remembered I had wanted to mask, though, just after I had taken out my contacts. This meant that I leaned in real close to apply the mask and then settled into temporary blindness. I didn't want to wear my glasses with the mask because it felt like that could clog the pores on my cheeks and I wanted no more clogs - nothing but clear, clean, empty pores.
The me without some sort of vision aid is the me that would qualify for disability benefits if glasses and contacts hadn't been invented. I am extraordinarily near-sighted, and exist in a hazy womb when I'm without my glasses or contacts.
Sometimes I enjoy being in the fuzz. Often during grad school, I purposely wore my glasses on class days instead of my contacts so I could remove them during lecture and just listen without taking in detailed visual info. It helped me listen better, sometimes, to soften what I was taking in through my eyes and just let my ears take the lead. Even beyond lectures, sometimes I find the world is just too much, and like an Impressionist, I need to blur and soften all of the lines.
Even being in my Impressionist world last night, I still decided that I could spend the time waiting for the mask to dry by looking for images for the Virgen. I started by looking for something peaceful because that is where I want to be right now. It's less a reflection of my Now than an invitation from me to me to go to the peaceful place.
I hit my travel and in flight magazines hoping to find some sweeping vista or beautiful, full-page nature shot, but found this instead. I believe it's from some Vegas ad, which makes for the second or third Vegas ad to make it on a Virgen - they do know their glitz and drama and storytelling in Sin City.
It's fantastic and so reminds me of the weaving of my world that I'm involved in right now. The fact that I can see this morning that her woven world is tumbling through water - which is all about intuition and cleansing - just adds to the Yesness of the image.
To heighten the sparkle factor, I added some jewels to the Virgen, which makes for the first flair in a while to be on the tiles. Now, seeing the water, they could almost be like droplets splashing up from her roll through the waves.
Of course, of course, the Virgen is at the center of the image. I can think of no better energy to build my world around than that of the nurturing, maternal, strong, earthy, passionate, wise energy of the Virgen.
Here's to that. Here's to a weaving of worlds with nurturing, maternal love, strength, grounding, passion and wisdom at its core. Here's to water, here's to glitz, here's to cleansing, and here's to moving forward with intuition.

No comments:
Post a Comment