Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sold!

Good Morning -

This is going to be a fast, fast post because I'm running way behind today.

Let's cut to it, shall we? I sold my car yesterday. It's fantastic. :) The buyer is a divorced dad who was tired of paying the gas it takes to drive his big truck the 4 hours to get his kids that he does every other week, and was looking for something reasonable and good with gas mileage.

My car matched on both fronts, so he made contact on Monday. We met, he drove, I waited, he asked, I answered, he pondered, I waited, he offered, I accepted, and a plan was made to meet yesterday to trade title and keys for cash.

And so we did. And so it's done.

That's it.

Fantastic. :)

Our Virgen is some bling from a Vegas ad (I've never been past the airport of Sin City, but have to say that their magazine ads serve me really well), and the Virgen air freshener that has been hanging in my car since I bought it two years ago. No, it doesn't have any scent left - although the idea of scratch-n-sniff Virgens is intriguing...make them a sensory experience like Maude's smell maker.

Here's to that. Here's to full-sensory art. Here's to car sales that leave everyone feeling good. Here's to moving forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harold: You hop in any car you want and just drive off?
Maude: Well, not any car - I like to keep a variety. I'm always looking for the new experience.
Harold: [smiling] Maybe.
Harold: [more seriously] Nevertheless, I think you're upsetting people. I don't know if that's right.
Maude: Well, if some people get upset because they feel they have a hold on some things, I'm merely acting as a gentle reminder: here today, gone tomorrow, so don't get attached to things.