Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Acceptance-ish

Good Morning -

I'm still missing the mountains and working through moments in which my darkest side bubbles up and says, "Why'd you even go away this weekend? It just makes the being here harder and it's like you never left - your body is back up to sweaty and a billion degrees."

To that end, I was going to do another mountain Virgen last night. Believe it or not, though, I'm running low on majestic peak imagery, and since necessity is the mother of invention, I found myself thinking of some other imagery I could use.

I had the thought of doing desert imagery since that's where I live right now (I just had a random, violent coughing spree - I think I was choking on the words about living in the desert right now...). It would be a practice in acceptance of my now, I decided.

And so I did. This is a shot of some natural-type golf course just south of town. You get a sense of the sunlight and the scrubby plants and how even the greens in the desert are hard to keep green. This is where I live right now.

So it is. I'm pretty certain it's going to take more than this Virgen to come to acceptance here, so you can look forward (?) to more desert imagery. Maybe I'll eventually get to the point where I drop the "ish" and really do accept this.

And in that moment - because the Universe loves a laugh and applauds when we stop struggling - I will get confirmation that we're leaving.

Here's to that. Here's to acceptance - ish or no. Here's to applause and laughter from the Universe. Here's to releasing struggle.

No comments: