Monday, September 1, 2008

Doing What I Can - and August Group Shot

Good Morning -

The kind of cheesy phrasing you see on the tile today is from an article in an in-flight magazine about how it is possible to live where one wants to live and do there what one wants to be doing.

I certainly hope so.

That's the premise that is forming the base of the entire next chapter for my partner and I. We are making our choices and basing our decisions on the idea that it is important to live where one is geographically alive and to do there a career that stimulates while it sustains.

To some it may sound strange, I know. Some may be so deep into ideas that life is a making-do that the idea of moving to be in a geography that is more suited to one's likes and dislikes seems absurd.

(Oh, my goodness. I just got totally distracted by a great site "Common Errors in English" while trying to find out if people "make due" or "make do". It reminds me of my freshmen year in high school and the "speech" class I had to take with Mrs. Turnball that was so much more about proper posture, the correct way to introduce guests at a dinner, and the appropriate pronunciation of 100 commonly mispronounced words like "sophomore" (say the "o" in the middle) than it was about making good speeches.)

Anyway, back to our process. As we've discussed here before, there have been some challenges in the past two weeks in both of us getting "no thanks" responses to the information we had sent out. As a motivator, we spent yesterday doing some concrete things around the house that prepare us for our next adventure and it felt really good. Besides that once we get a "yes", things will be fast, fast, fast, the doing of something concrete towards our goal made a huge boost to our morale.

Today for me is more of that. If the day goes as I intend it to, by the time it's over, I'll have sent out five more packets of information on myself with the hope of one of them bearing fruit.

We'll see.

Here's to moving forward. Here's to living where one wants, doing what one wants. Here's to actions that keep the progress progressing.


Owen, my bathing beauty. I think he's on the look-out for Max to make sure he doesn't enter the yard. He could just as easily befriend Max, but he doesn't have the social skills. He seems to think that bullying is appropriate. Sometimes I don't know where he gets the ideas he does.

Somewhere in this tangle of green weeds freshly sprung from the last two nights of rain is a tiny spider weaving a thin thread between one stalk and another. Factoring in size, it would be like me weaving a thread across two giant skyscrapers in a major downtown area.

August group shot. There's the cake incident, mountains, posting of car ad, selling of car, my birthday, mosquitoes, spiders, weaving, more mountains, etc. - quite a month.

Squeak - she's transfixed by the pigeons who live on our roof. If only she could go outside...she'd realize that even if by pure luck she downed a pigeon, it wouldn't even fit in her mouth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the virgen calendar girls :)

Jess said...

as a new recruit to your blog, i have to say that my favorite part is seeing a full month all lines up and remembering all the stories, events, memories, and dreams for a month. So great! Here's to pears, and tiled screens, and super soakers, cold beverages, healthy kitties, capricorns, and finding a balance in the water/air.