Good Morning -
Eh - it's not my favorite Virgen. I'm down to scraps and bits for supplies because I've packed most everything and I need to print some more of my favorite Virgens, so the materials were eh, which leads to a Virgen that's eh.
What I was trying to convey in this image was the wonderful sushi dinner we had last night with a couple of friends and...well, that's it. The silver is because I needed to use it up and the butterfly is because it was lying around and I needed something to balance that space.
Yes, yes, butterflies are transformation so that fits and silver is fun, which doesn't fit, per se, but could be used as a motivator - a "what I'd like to be experiencing right now."
It's not that things are all not-fun here. We turned a packing corner yesterday, which is good, good fun.
Instead of everything being out and exploded all over the place, now everything is either in a box or in the trash (we won't talk about the ginormous pile of trash currently taking up space on our front porch...that will be taken care of slowly - one surreptitious trip to local commercial dumpsters after another).
We could move today, if we had to, which feels really good because, while we're not moving today, we're moving in six days. This time tomorrow it will only take the digits on one hand to demonstrate how many days until we move.
I have little moments of freak-out, little moments of "AHHHHHH!!!!" as we get closer. I can feel the butterflies in my belly with the excitement and nerves as the days move us closer to moving.
I'm glad I'm feeling it now because it's a big deal to move back to where you grew up but haven't lived in ten years, and to do that with a partner, which is something you didn't have 10 years ago, and with relations with family that are delicate and sensitive, which is another thing you didn't have 10 years ago because all the feelings were boxed up and they have since exploded and been sorted some.
So, yeah, a little "AHHH!!!" now and then feels appropriate.
Now, it's time to work on my Social Worker presentation for Friday. My last day at work is Thursday, but on Friday I'm facilitating a 3-hour CEU course on Self-Advocacy for Social Workers through the national association and need to spend some QT in power-point land before then.
Here's to little freak-outs that diminish the need for big freak-outs. Here's to turning the packing corner. Here's to moving. Here's to self-advocacy, and here's to Social Workers.

No comments:
Post a Comment