Good Morning-
I don't know. I made this Virgen at 11 p.m. after having fallen into a deep couch sleep at 8:30. I've passed this image before while looking for others, but it never fit what I needed. Last night, I must have decided that it did.
Previously (like before too many summers in Tucson), I would like the image of the sun breaking through the two trees and talk about how that's what's going on in my life.
Now, though, I'm so done with bright, bright sun that hits you at the worst angle and dry, brittle trees that I can't bring myself to call this "break through." The Virgen's there, though, so that helps.
In my pre-coffee state this morning, I think I'd rather talk about the dream I had last night. We're going to go a little stream of consciousness, so I can try to recapture as much as possible (because the subconscious doesn't tell time, so you have to use present tense if you want it to talk). Here goes:
I'm at a retreat center in Colorado with my partner. It's winter and there's snow. We walk in and a man we know is leading an ice breaker activity for the retreat. There are little bits of paper on the floor with numbers on them. I look at him and say, "Oh, no...come on" (I hate ice breakers).
He starts the activity, I say, "You're killin' me..." and then see our cat Squeak sneak outside. I go to grab her (she's an indoor cat) and then remember that my partner and I are fascinated by what she would do in snow because she has this crazy fur that comes out between her toes to keep her feet warm (this is all true). She's pushing through the snow with her front paws like little snow plows, leaving paw streaks in the fresh snow.
I grab her and bring her inside and the group is talking about something about their fathers. It's mostly adolescent boys and they're doing healing statements about their absent dads.
One of the boys is small and blond and the child of someone famous. He gets upset and leaves the retreat. He has a helicopter and knows how to fly it, so takes off. At first I think, "Oh, how's he going to get through the building?" and then see that the part he is in is a big open glass area so he can fly up.
I say something about kids who don't learn how their actions have impact because of their rich parents.
We all go on a walk in the snow around the center. I see an old stone column with three symbols on it - a ram's head, a bee, and something else. They look like medieval-style printing press images. I smile and point and ask my partner, "Do you know where we are?"
She looks as says "Colorado?" and I say, "Yes. See - the ram's head is CSU and the bee's are for the Sisters of Carmen." Just in that moment, an informational sign appears with an old photo of a large nun in a pond with the stump of a giant tree. The caption explains how the sisters were able to save some of the tree and that's how they build the center.
After reading it, I say, "Oh, right. And I think it works miracles mostly on people from privileged backgrounds because Sr. Carmen was wealthy before she gave it up to be a nun." I think about how that explains the boy with the helicopter and we keep walking.
That's the dream. It feels good for a number of reasons - I can still feel from the dream how it feels to be in fresh snow in Colorado, we were in Colorado, I was doing work with teens (where most of my apps have gone), and the bees and the ram's head felt like good signs, like "Onward, ho, ladies!"
Speaking of "Onward Ho!", we're going up to the mountains for a few days with some friends. This news impacts you in that you won't get an entry again until Monday evening when we're back.
Here's to dreams manifesting. Here's to time in the mountains with friends. Here's to bees.

No comments:
Post a Comment