Good Morning -
I'm still adjusting from being wrapped in flannel on a
porch at 9,000 ft. yesterday morning to being drenched in sweat in a house at 2,000 ft. this morning, so we're just going to do some photos and some captions today. Plus, I got home yesterday to an email asking to do a phone interview today at lunch, so there's time for talk-talk later.

This is the Virgen from Saturday, our first day at the cabin. Two of my wonderful friends brought my birthday gift to the cabin and it was bags and containers of wonderful beads and strings for the Virgens plus a beautiful homemade book of Virgen images printed off of Google while at work (so, they're renegade Virgens :)) that comes with a CD of the same images so I don't have to cut up the book to access the Virgen imagery. The Virgen has some of that beaded ribbon around the border and a background of two of the wrappings - brown paper, and silver tissue paper.

Notice anything about this Virgen? I must have been full on into my Rocky Mountain high when I did this because it's not on a point - it's square shaped. Oh, well. The image is from a hiking brochure for the area (Oh! Which is
Greer, AZ) because my partner and I went on a short hike in between lazing around. It was beautiful and a buck ran across our path right in front of us. I got a picture of its tail end, but it doesn't do it justice, so it's not included.

This is the Virgen from last night. Definitely not ready to be back here, so the imagery is, once more, from the hiking brochure - with some hot, dry burlap for the desert.

This was on our hike. There was a little sign saying that it was the "grocery store" for the squirrels - they bury cones here and find them later when needed. I love pine trees.

Pretty flower and pollinator on our walk.

Thistle from the meadow surrounding the cabin. We had these around the house I grew up in and have always liked their purple (though they are a beast if your relationship with them is to pull them up out of the ground in a weeding activity).

I love these patches of flowers from the meadow and can never quite capture them as magnificently as they are.

Some sort of delicate seed getting ready to fly away.
Here's to that. Here's to mountain meadows. Here's to flying away to new fertile soil.
No comments:
Post a Comment