Wednesday, September 17, 2008

No Time for Pearls

Good Morning -

So, this Virgen is a perfect expression of what's going on right now.

As I flipped through magazines last night looking for the image that matched how I felt, I landed on this one and thought it was perfect because it was absolutely nothing like my current Now.

The image - which is hard to see now - is a black and white photo of the back of a woman in a fancy dress. Nothing about my Now involves the calm and elegance needed to exist in this photo and it just looked so nice. I longed for a moment in which my biggest focus was how to move with grace in my fancy dress.

To exist in my Now, one is best prepared by wearing boxers, a tank-top, no bra, and having easy access to deodorant because one will sweat and sweat and sweat in the packing and shifting of stuff.

So enamoured by this cool, elegant image was I that I decided that it would be fun to accessorize. I lined the Virgen with some of that great beaded ribbon I got for my birthday, thinking that it would make a nice accent.

What it did, instead, was crowd the image and create a wildly distracting barrier to the calm elegance of the woman in the dress.

Apparently this is no time for pearls.

Here's to time for pearls. Here's to a time soon enough in which my biggest concern is making sure my breasts don't fall out of my beautiful ball gown. Here's to clean. Here's to cool. Here's to elegance achieved through grace.

No comments: