Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Clear It Out



Good Morning -

It feels good to have the time this morning to blog. Absolutely do I have work that needs to get done today, but it's that pre-holiday type day so there's less a sense of "hurry! hurry!" and more a sense of "all in good time."

This flexibility is something I love about my job. Certainly I've had positions (the one before this one comes to mind) where this flexibility wasn't a choice - positions in which the "flexibility" was whether I did an hour lunch from 12 -1 or a half hour lunch from 12:-30 - 1, based on whether I came in at 8 or 8:30.

For this flexibility I am wildly grateful. Thank you.

Let's talk Virgen.

The image you see is representative of what I hope the fizzy medicine does to my nasal, sinus, and bronchial passages. I've got myself a bit of congestion beyond the reach of a good blow, so need the meds to dry things up and get my breathing back to strong and full before things that make for infections decide to camp out in my breathing ways. I learned from my RN mom that bacteria like to set up home in warm, moist places and nothing makes for warm and moist like a snotty breathing way. To make my breathing ways inhospitably dry like the desert is the best way to step clear of a sinus infection.

That's the hope, anyway.

Here's to that. Here's to clear, gentle breathing. Here's to strong, healthy breathing passages and here's to the fizzy meds that get them back to good when needed.

No comments: