Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Home for Undeveloped



Good Morning -

It's been a close loop of blog, Virgen, blog and I'm ready to get my schedule back such that blogging is morning and Virgens are night.

This Virgen was made after I wrote last night's blog and directly before I headed off to dream time.

We know the struggles I've been having trying to approach the Virgens with a specific idea in mind. I was in no energy level last night to mess around with flipping through tens of magazines, so I went with gut.

I chose my most recent mag (the same one that gave the great Diversity image a la an ad for a new hotel in Vegas. I get so many miles out of those Vegas ads...) and flipped quickly.

I remembered a butterfly image from when I made the Diversity tile and was going to just go with that - because what home doesn't need that transformation energy in it? - when I saw this picture.

It was a full page ad, so you really got a sense of the snowy route. I think it's an ad for Subaru, but the car is not (or barely) shown. I don't remember (so bad ad, good art) - but was pulled full into the image of a snowy road lined with snow covered trees.

I need scenes like this around my home. I need for there to be undeveloped spots that will never turn into ticky-tack homes or strip malls or giant malls or any of the like. I want to have a back roads route to my home that involves scenes like this. I want to be able to walk this route without constantly getting pushed over by the car after car driving down it.

And in return, I will work to make sure it stays a back road route. I will walk it and love it and spread the peace I feel from it throughout my community.

Here's to that. Here's to walks through the back woods and the peace they bring. Here's to spreading that peace to all you meet.

No comments: