
Good Evening -
It was a long day of learning and meetings, so this is going to be brief.
I considered not entering a blog today because the topic is so important and I didn't want to be hap-dash about it.
But - I also didn't want to put it off until a better time because there is no time like now.
So - diversity. I need a home and a community that doesn't just have diversity in its members, but celebrates the diversity in its members. I need multiple identities, multiple experiences, various languages, rich histories, and opposing insights.
I am still undecided as to whether I will ever step fully into the role of Mother, but I tell you what, if I ever do, it will absolutely be in a place that has this diversity and celebrates it.
Because most places aren't quite to the celebratory phase yet, I will bring to my community my engagement in the process of getting to celebratory.
Here's to that. Here's to communities that celebrate their diversity and rich histories and here's to passing that celebration on to the future generations.

No comments:
Post a Comment