
Good Morning -
As you can see from the Virgen, I need a home with good kitchen space.
For me, good kitchen space is defined as lots of counter space - both for food prep and storage of those always-used appliances (kitchen-aid mix master) - a gas stove and oven, two deep sinks (one of which has a disposal and good sprayer), lots of cabinet space for dishes and cookware, ceiling space that holds a sturdy pot-rack, a set up that allows for multiple cooks in the kitchen, lighting that is bright and includes lots of windows, flooring that is easily cleaned (tile, cement, wood), and a means to connect with guests while preparing dinner.
Whether or not I need that space to be one in which I can wear a red evening gown while I flip crepes while opening the oven and being surrounded by piles of spices and ingredients is neither here nor there.
As a result of this kitchen in my ideal home environment, I agree to use it. I agree to cook at home more often than not. I agree to serve friends and family and community out of this kitchen.
Food is such a powerful community experience and that experience is so much easier to facilitate with a good kitchen.
Here's to that. Here's to communal food. Here's to adequate kitchen space. Here's to being so in love with one's kitchen space that one always wears fancy dresses and dances around whilst in that space.

No comments:
Post a Comment