
Good Morning -
We've arrived at the end of the "When I Say "Home", I mean..." series.
How do you feel? Relieved? Disappointed? Still shaking off the apathy that has plagued us as a general populace for the last few years and therefore ambivalent?
Yes.
I spent most of last night google searching "farm/ranch Colorado for sale" to try to get a good image for this final tile. In the process I learned a few things - my printer needs more color ink, and Trinidad (southeastern Colorado, just our side of the NM border (and the sex change capital of the world)) is currently a hoppin' place to buy a little farmette or a giant sprawling ranch. Either - you pick.
Also, I learned that I might need upwards of $1,000,000 to make this magic happen, so I should start saving now.
None of the places I found were It, It, It so I also learned that I might need to be open to taking what's got the best bones and adding the bits I need to make it Home home (without compromising what I want). Taking the carpeting out falls under this category, as does adding another bathroom to an older (early to mid 1900's) one-bath only home.
That said, for all that Rob's exercise was about getting clear about what I want and need in my home environment, it was also about reminding myself the importance of active participation in my community and giving to my home as much love as it gives to me.
I don't currently have $1,000,000, but I have love in spades, so this is absolutely something I can do right now.
And so I will.
As a recap of what I need in my home, here is the list:
Goats
Wood-burning stoves
Chickens
Well-Stocked Pantry (with foods that I've put up - from my garden and elsewhere)
Snow
Fall
Good Public Transit
Good Kitchen Space
Bikes
Hope
Bees
Community
Creativity
Water
Baths
Sleeping
Lounging
Critical Thinking
Comfort
Good Gathering Place
Clotheslines
Peace
Diversity
Undeveloped
Here's to that. Here's to having a home that is just what you want in a community that meets your needs and to which you give back all the love you receive.

1 comment:
LOA, baby, LOA
lol ;)
Post a Comment