Sunday, November 2, 2008

Home with Public Transit


Good Evening -

It was another day of to-doing, so I'm writing you again in the evening.

Today was about errands. We got some good groceries, I got the strips of wood needed to hang up my map of Denver bike routes, and we generally just did this or that.

As you can see from the Virgen, I need a home that has public transportation. Just like these little light rail tracks zooming all over the place, I need a home that has choices beyond a personal car to get me to the places I want to go.

I need those choices to be efficient, cost-effective, clean, and safe.

In exchange, I promise to use them so that they are continually validated to those who are always looking to cut such social fantasticness. I promise to share my good stories of public transport so that other people might be encouraged to leave their car at home once or twice. I promise to support policies and taxes necessary to keep the systems functioning well.

I love public transportation and am so glad that it's such a good system here along the front range and in Denver. Perfect? Hardly. Cheap? Not exactly. Generally timely and clean and safe? Yes.

Here's to that. Here's to good public transportation. Here's to support for that transportation and here's to continued funding for that and other social fantasticness programs.

No comments: