
Good Morning -
I cry still when I see images of our new first family.
I know they're human and I know they all have clay feet and I know there will be challenges and disagreements along the way.
I know all of that in my head, but right now my heart is just so full at all the potential and promise this family brings.
Someday later, perhaps, I'll step into my critical mind and do some analysis, but right now I'm too busy crying and smiling thinking about little girls out there who, for the first time ever, are going to see little girls like them in the White House.
This election result doesn't solve everything or make any of all of it all better, but it opens up the space for some great learning, unlearning, and growing as a nation.
That's fantastic. Let's get to it.
Here's to that. Here's to learning love. Here's to unlearning hate, and growing in ways that blow open all those little boxes in our heads.

No comments:
Post a Comment