
Good Evening -
I know - another missed morning of blogging. I haven't much been in the mood lately.
As I was waiting for my photo to load, I was thinking about the "why" of that and realized that I've got some holiday-style sadness lately a la that group of people with whom I could most easily swap organs if needed (some call this "biological family").
I don't much feel like getting into things now, suffice to say 'tis the season.
Let's touch on the Virgen and then call it a night, hmm?
So, my partner and I had a great day in Boulder yesterday. We went to an expo on chickens, bees, farmer's markets, etc. and then drove out to Platteville to attempt to take place in a bonus free harvest. A family farm out there decided to open their fields for free to the public to glean the last bits of potatoes carrots and leeks. By the time we got there at 11 a.m., though, they were out.
They had expected 5,000 people over the entire weekend, but got 40,000 in the first morning. Amazing - so both a sign of the economy and people's craving for local-style food.
After the attempted harvest, we stopped for lunch and then went back to the expo to learn about backyard chickens. We then got some chai at Dushambe tea house and walked along the Boulder Creek for an hour or so. It was a beautiful fall afternoon and she took some amazing photos.
During our walk, I experienced severe garden envy. None of the yards I saw had anything going in them at this time, but you could see remnants of the summer garden that was - vines and different plants turning to frost, leaves on the ground, dark, rich soil preparing for quiet time - all things I love.
Our shared yard is not so much, so I have garden envy right now until we move at the end of March and get a yard of our own. Then - fantastic. For now, it was great to have a dreaming forward day with hens and gardens and growing and gleaning and wonderful yards.
Okay - that's it for now. It's a busy three days at work and time for some cuddlin' and sleep.
Here's to that. Here's to peaceful dreaming, walks along creeks, and days spent dreaming forward.

No comments:
Post a Comment