Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Home for Lounging



Good Evening -

It was another one of those morning - the ones where my partner and I have great conversation and a little of this happens and a little of that happens and suddenly it's time to go and there's been no blogging.

So, here we are, blogging at night.

The Virgen you see is about my need to have good space to lounge in my home. I need comfy chairs. I need end tables for beverages and snacks. I need good lighting that is sufficient to read but not so harsh that it burns away the cozy. I need pillows. I need the option to drift from reading or chatting into a nap without getting up from the chair I'm cozed up in.

This Target ad chair you see in the tile isn't perfect - the arms are a bit bony and I don't know that it offers space enough to hang my legs over one arm and be able to prop myself up with the other arm, or to prop myself up with one arm and have my legs tucked under me. Still, it's not bad and close enough to convey what I was after.

And how will I nurture this sitting space that I need so well? I'll use it. I'll invite others in to use it. I'll keep it straightened up and collect and share stories for years in the arms of my comfy chair (I also need a rocking chair with arms and good padding because sometimes I like to rock slowly, but that's a side note...).

Here's to that. Here's to stories collected and shared. Here's to well-padded arms. Here's to chairs big enough to cuddle in and here's to shared lounging space.

No comments: