
Good Evening -
I know - another night-time blog posting.
This morning I didn't blog because I worked from home today, so I didn't have the transitional time between morning relax and getting ready for work that I usually use the blog to move me through.
This morning it was just moving from reading my gmail to opening up my remote desktop and checking my Outlook.
And now it's late and I'm full of a good diner dinner and ready for some cuddling with my honey.
But first - the Virgen. We went last night to meet a friend and had such a good, stimulating, engaging dialogue over dinner. My brain was all warmed up and limber like it had been on a good run by the time we were done and it reminded me how I need that sort of mental engagement in my home.
I need books and thinking and - more importantly - critical thinking and dialogue and discussion (nothing makes me crazier than the head back, unlocked jaw, swallowing whole of ideas without any question or contemplation or massaging of the notion). I need thoughtful inquiry and intelligent repose and debate and dialogue.
I need to have people in my community who love their brains and know how to use them. I need to have people who have a smooth direct autobahn connecting their hearts to their minds so that their debate has heart and their processing is smart and all they do demonstrates how off the charts they are in many of Gardner's intelligences.
All head smart and I get irritated with the endless spinning of theory that never touches down and all heart smart and I find myself rolling my eyes at the feelings, feelings, feelings and non-objective viewing of the world.
As in much else - balance and moderation. Hearts and minds.
In return for this group of beautifully balanced thinking hearts and feeling minds, I will participate in their conversations. I'll create space in my home for them to happen and I'll keep my own brain razor sharp and my own heart warm.
Here's to that. Here's to sharp brains connected to warm hearts. Here's to critical thinking. Here's to multiple intelligences, and here's to having hearts and brains and knowing how to use them.

1 comment:
i <3 this line: I need to have people who have a smooth direct autobahn connecting their hearts to their minds...
you know, i'm German, and there's no speed limit on the autobahn ;)
Post a Comment